[Arm-dev] Release for CentOS 7.3.1611 on ARM64/AArch64

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Thu Jan 5 20:40:24 UTC 2017

On 01/05/2017 02:09 PM, Jeremiah Rothschild wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 11:45:51AM -0600, Jim Perrin wrote:
>> == Download
>> You can download new images and isos via
>> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/aarch64/
>
> It's been a while since I built out our X-Gene aarch64 devel box.
>
> On my x64 boxes, I can easily get to 7.3 with a 'yum update' type of
> procedure.
>
> Is this not an available option for aarch64? I don't see an updated kernel
> in the 'updates' dir. Do I really have to rebuild from scratch or am I
> missing something?

It sounds like you're missing something. It should be a simple 'yum
update', provided you have updated the firmware to the latest version.
Currently the new kernel would be in the base repository, as the symlink
for /7/ has shifted to 7.3.1611 rather than 7.2.1603. If you're using a
local mirror, you may need to make sure it's syncing properly.

--
Jim Perrin