[Arm-dev] Centos aarch64 on Raspberry PI 3

Paul R. Ganci

ganci at nurdog.com
Sat Jan 7 19:51:18 UTC 2017

I received a Raspberry PI 3 for Christmas with which I am playing. I
would like to install the aarch64 CentOS 1611. However I am finding very
limited information on the web as how to go about doing that. Can
somebody get me started on what I need to do in order to install CentOS
1611? Some initial questions.

1.) Can the aarch64 distribution even be installed on a Raspberry PI 3?

2.) If the answer to question 1 is yes, can somebody give me some
instructions on how to proceed? Links to any quick start or installation
guides would be appreciated.

3.) I have not been able to get X windows to start with the armv7hl
CentOS version already installed. Will Gnome run on Raspberry PI 3 or is
some other desktop graphics suggested?

Thank you for your help getting started.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)
Cell: (303)257-5208