[Arm-dev] Kernel update

Nicolas Repentin

nicolas at shivaserv.fr
Tue Jan 10 22:34:02 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm using the 7.3 release on my Bananapi.

I still using kernel 4.2, and on the updates, I saw the 4.4.26.

But, my /boot is quite little (~500MB), and I saw the update want to
install the 4.4.12 too :

================================================================================================================================================================================
  Package Architecture Version
Dépôt                                      Taille
================================================================================================================================================================================
Installation :
  kernel armv7hl 4.4.26-201.el7
centos-kernel                               80 k
  kernel-core armv7hl 4.4.26-201.el7
centos-kernel                               18 M
  kernel-modules armv7hl 4.4.26-201.el7
centos-kernel                               11 M
Installation pour dépendances :
  kernel-core armv7hl 4.4.12-301.el7
centos-kernel                               18 M

Résumé de la transaction
Installation   3 Paquets (+1 Paquet en dépendance)

Is it normal?

Is it gonna fit on my /boot? Actually quite used already by the running
kernel:

[root at atlas /]# df -h /boot/
Sys. de fichiers Taille Utilisé Dispo Uti% Monté sur
/dev/mmcblk0p1     477M    223M  231M  50% /boot

Thanks