[Arm-dev] building AArch64 CentOS kernel from git

Richard Henwood

rjhenwood at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 09:37:16 UTC 2017

Hi All,
I want to patch and rebuild a CentOS 7 kernel. I've checked out
git clone https://git.centos.org/git/sig-altarch/kernel.gitand am on branchsig-altarch7-aarch64
then I run rpmbuild and I'm told I missing the kernel source:
error: File /home/build/kernel/SOURCES/linux-4.5.0-15.el7.tar.xz: No such file or directory

The source isn't present so I assume it must be else where... I've search around for this file and haven't located it. I would really appreciate help finding it - or corrections to my approach.
any thoughts?
best regards,Richard