[Arm-dev] CentOS 7 with LXDE on Rasp Pi 3 Inquiry

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Jul 20 10:03:52 UTC 2017

On 07/19/2017 10:30 AM, Markus McLaughlin wrote:
> HELP!  I want to install CentOS 7 with LXDE on my Raspberry Pi 3...  How
> do I go about doing so?

I don't think there is an LXDE for CentOS in any of the repos (EPEL or
base CentOS), even for x86_64.

There MAY be enough xfce to get that working on CentOS 7.

I am not sure how easy it is to get aarch64 on a PI3, but the base
Fedora EPEL actually runs on there.  EPEL (and therefore xfce support)
would be much better and more updated from there than what we are trying
to do for arm32.