[Arm-dev] Enabling by default our "Epel rebuild" repo by default on CentOS 7 armhfp

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Sat Jul 29 10:54:43 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

A trend I see either on twitter, or irc, or elsewhere is a complaint
about Epel not available for CentOS 7 userland on armhfp.

It's of course technically true (as there is nothing listed on the Epel
wiki page itself) but we covered that FAQ in our wiki :
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/Arm32#head-f2a772703b3caa90cc284e01bc87423ce9a87bcd

Unfortunately, it seems that people never read that wiki page.

So I was just wondering if we could have our epel rebuild effort
(https://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/epel-pass-1/) available directly
for our armhfp users, without having them to do anything special.

Now I'm wondering if we should just create a .repo (and coming from
centos-userland-release) but have it disabled by default (imho) or even
enable it by default (-1 on my side)

Also, we should probably just rename it to something else than 'Epel' as
we can't call that epel : it's a rebuild from Epel SRPMs but it's not Epel

Opinions, Thoughts ? please make hear your voice !

PS : also trying to make some noise on twitter to bring back users not
subscribed to the arm-dev list, or not hanging around in #centos-arm on
irc.freenode.net

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab