[Arm-dev] Proposal regarding aarch64 images

Mon Jul 31 06:01:21 UTC 2017
Jon Nettleton <jon at solid-run.com>

Now that SolidRun is ramping up our Armada 8040 line I have had more
initiative to start testing various distros.  There is an active
effort to bring full UEFI support to the 8040 platforms however this
is still a WIP.  In the meantime I was looking into u-boot's efi
loader and currently there is major hurdle with using this boot method
on the CentOS images...the /boot partition is formatted as xfs.

Of course it would be easy enough to spin a new image with /boot
formatted as ext4.  Is there any reason not to make  the default
images use this configuration?  This would obviously be one less
hurdle for using CentOS aarch64 on more platforms.

Thanks,
Jon