[Arm-dev] Any type of light Desktop Environment on Arm Centos7+RPi3

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Mar 6 15:44:35 UTC 2017

I suspect the login screen is very light.  There is that little icon
that lets you select which GDM gets loaded, so the 'load' comes in
even when you selected Xfce.  As it is I have both installed, but the
login defaults now to loading Xfce.  Supposedly the bug has been fixed.

Quite some years back on Fedora-arm, probably F22, there was a GDM
discussion and Xfce and LDXE were the 'winners' in memory and cpu. I
tried LDXE, but liked the feel of Xfce and switched to it.  With Fedora
images, it is really easy to try a GDM, just build a mSD card for each
GDM and boot and see how it goes.

Still use k3b...