[Arm-dev] So how to build - Re: Where is php-imap - Re: EPEL for Centos7-armv7?

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Wed Mar 8 14:41:47 UTC 2017

On 27/02/17 20:16, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> On 02/27/2017 11:21 AM, Jacco Ligthart wrote:
>>> Where can I get the proper srpms that contains php-imp?
>> Like Fabian said, it's in php-extras, part of epel:
>> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/SRPMS/p/php-extras-5.4.16-7.el7.src.rpm
>>

>>> Where can if find complete instructions on building from said srpms?
>> I would use mock, in stead of rpmbuild.
>> mock will create a build environment, so that builds are repeatable.
>>
>> man page:
>> https://linux.die.net/man/1/mock
>>
>> a fairly long overview:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package
>
> Now I have to fight with dependencies for fedora-packager and
> fedora-review.
>
> This is going nowhere fast.
>
> Does anyone have an environment set up where php-extras can be built and
> see what is wrong with building php-imap?
>
> thanks

Mulltiple things :
- mock (that we use for the armhfp builds) is available in the extras
repository
- mixing with epel is *your* choice but as epel on armhfp is a "nobody
has a look at this" effort, we all have to keep the pieces if we blindly
try to use it

Wrt that php-extras, have you tried to have a look at the build logs ?
have you tried to contact for example the upstream maintainer about that
issue ?

That's what I did (after I received your personal mail to my inbox,
please don't do that again), and Remi Collet (from the --changelog) is a
nice guy who had a quick look at the potential issue, specifically for
another mcrypt bug he was working on (at the same time)

So here is what I  just got from our armhfp builders :

17667 (php-extras): Build on target epel-pass-1 succeeded.
     Build logs may be found at
http://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/epel-pass-1/17667-php-extras-5.4.16-8.el7/

That means that pkg is now available, but again, no test, no repoclosure
test, etc ...

Enjoy, and contribute back :-)

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab