[Arm-dev] [Question] CentOS7.4 for ARM update plan

Jammy Zhou jammy.zhou at linaro.org
Fri Nov 24 00:31:49 UTC 2017

On 23 November 2017 at 23:48, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> On 11/23/2017 07:22 AM, Zhou Wang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am afraid in the right place to ask this question.
> >
> > Redhat7.4 for ARM64 already released: https://access.redhat.com/
> articles/3158541
> > Before this, CentOS7.4 for ARM64 released: https://wiki.centos.org/
> SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/AArch64
> > As CentOS7.4 just took one internal version of Redhat7.4 as its release
> version, we should at least backport
> > patches after above Redhat7.4 internal version to CentOS7.4.
> >
> > My question is that is there a plan to backport these patches to
> CentOS7.4? Or where can I find such plan/schedule?
> >

> CentOS 7.4.1708 is out current release, it is based on the source code
> from RHEL 7.4.

I assume CentOS 7.4.1708 is a version released in August, and the kernel
version is 4.2 based kernel-aarch64 as mentioned in the wiki page. But RHEL
7.4 for ARM64 was released in Nov, and kernel version is 4.11. So I think
there should be some additional effort to keep CentOS 7.4 update to date
with RHEL 7.4 for ARM64. Am I right?