[Arm-dev] [Question] CentOS7.4 for ARM update plan

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Sun Nov 26 21:58:17 UTC 2017

On 11/23/2017 07:08 PM, Jammy Zhou wrote:

> I don't know the exact patch version for kernel package of the final
> RHEL 7.4 release for ARM. But shouldn't it be something like
> kernel-xxx.el7.4.aarch64.rpm instead of kernel-xxx.el7.3.aarch64.rpm?

So the way rpms get named/numbered gets a little confusing, but the
short answer is 'no'. If it were a kernel for 7.4 specifically, it would
be tagged as el7_4, not el7.4. This is dist tag vs release version rpm
detailing that's typically not that important for anyone other than
packagers.

--
Jim Perrin