[Arm-dev] kernel 4.11.0-22.el7.2.aarch64 does not boot on ThunderX

Itaru Kitayama

itaru.kitayama at riken.jp
Tue Oct 10 08:30:39 UTC 2017

Hi,

In our attempt upgrading from 4.5.0-25.el7.aarch64 to the 4.11-based kernel
we see the latter does not boot on ThunderX.

Here's the HW details:

http://b2b.gigabyte.com/ARM-Server/R150-T62-rev-100#support-manual

The BIOS release is T43. (According Red Hat, they've been testing fine their
1 socket GIGABYTE server with their RHEL 7 kernels.)

I am wondering what ThunderX platform CentOS has been using for testing, and
the list happens to have the above HW.

The boot process seems to be stuck as soon as system prints our EFI stub messages.
No messages from the kernel.

Is the CentOS Alt architecture group going to release a 4.12 or .13 kernel soon?

Itaru