[Arm-dev] Version of GCC used to compile?

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Thu Oct 12 19:32:31 UTC 2017

On 10/12/2017 09:25 AM, Richard Henwood wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can you advise how I can discover which version of GCC was used to
> compile the CentOS bits that I'm using?

It gets a bit challenging as the binaries are stripped, so there's no
comment field left to examine, but there's a very high certainty that
it's 4.8.x, given that this the base gcc for el7. In *some* cases it may
be gcc6 if the dts6 developer suite is listed as a build requirement
(openjdk 1.8 I believe).

--
Jim Perrin