[Arm-dev] Steps in getting the Wlan0 connected

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Sep 6 17:30:56 UTC 2017

I have used the following at times:

At the IEEE 802 meeting, I used:

nmcli con add con-name ieee ifname wlan0 type wifi ssid Verilan-secure
nmcli con modify ieee wifi-sec.key-mgmt wpa-psk
nmcli con modify ieee wifi-sec.psk x1234567
nmcli con up ieee

At the Fairmont in Vancouver:

nmcli device status
nmcli dev wifi list
nmcli con add con-name Fairmont ifname wlan0 type wifi ssid Fairmont

At the IETF:

nmcli con add con-name ietf-hotel ifname wlan0 type wifi ssid ietf-hotel
nmcli con up ietf-hotel

nmcli con add con-name ietf-legacy ifname wlan0 type wifi ssid ietf-legacy
nmcli con up ietf-legacy

It just works....