[Arm-dev] Kernel problems on APM X-Gene

Jeremiah Rothschild

jeremiah at franz.com
Thu Sep 21 06:45:29 UTC 2017

Hey everyone!

I cannot get any kernel past 4.5.0-23.el7.aarch64 to work on APM X-Gene
hardware. This includes the new (CentOS 7.4) 4.11.0-22 kernel.

The last thing ever displayed during boot is this:

EFI stub: Booting Linux Kernel...
EFI stub: Using DTB from configuration table
EFI stub: Exiting boot services and installing virtual address map...
L3c Cache: 8MB

which is usual. However, nothing is logged to /var/log/messages (presumably
it isn't making it far enough in the boot process) and I'm not sure how to
further troubleshoot the issue.

Has anyone else been successful? Are there new patches I am unaware of? Can
someone please help me debug deeper?

Thanks in advance!