[Arm-dev] Kernel problems on APM X-Gene

Fri Sep 22 10:54:21 UTC 2017
Jeremiah Rothschild <jeremiah at franz.com>

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 11:39:19AM +0100, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> FWIW, I am running my own mainline LT 4.9.x kernel, and don't need acpi=off.

Interesting.

For the record, I don't mind running with acpi=off, but it's very weird to
me that new kernels suddenly stopped working without it.

> If you are interested, I'm more than happy to share my src.rpm for 4.9.x,
> but won't be able to get to it before tomorrow morning as the machine was
> recently mothballed.

Thanks. I actually need to test with as new of a version as I can because I
have been experiencing an occasional "page allocation failure" kernel panic.
No idea if/when that was fixed but I figure the newest version is my best
hope.