[Arm-dev] CentOS 7.5.1804 content now available through CR !

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Fri Apr 27 06:26:06 UTC 2018

Hi guys,

Some of you are probably subscribed to the CentOS-announce list
(https://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-announce) so they saw
quite some mails about plenty of pkgs being now released through the CR
repository (https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR)

In the past, we built for all architectures through different build
systems, but for this new 7.5.1804 release (rebuilt from 7.5) we started
to use a new build process to build for all arches in parallel through
one single build system.

We never really had any CR repository before for armhfp and aarch64, but
content is now signed and pushed :
- http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/cr/aarch64/
- http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/cr/armhfp/

So that means that if people want to start getting up2date pkgs without
waiting for the official GA release (as we need to build the correct
install trees and isos images), a simple yum update would work, *but* ,
as said, we never had any proper CR repo defined through centos-release
(or centos-userland-release) for aarch64 and armhfp
That will be fixed in the next -release file (already ready for 7.5.1804
GA release)

In the meantime, people willing to update can do the following (manual
steps, as root) :

###
echo "altarch" > /etc/yum/vars/contentdir
cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-CR.repo << EOF
[cr]
name=CentOS-$releasever - cr
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/\$contentdir/\$releasever/cr/\$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-7
enabled=0
EOF

yum update --enablerepo=cr

###