[Arm-dev] CentOS 7.5.1804 content now available through CR !

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Fri Apr 27 07:45:21 UTC 2018

On 27/04/18 09:34, arm_ml at rirasoft.de wrote:
> Am 2018-04-27 08:26, schrieb Fabian Arrotin:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Some of you are probably subscribed to the CentOS-announce list
>> (https://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-announce) so they saw
>> quite some mails about plenty of pkgs being now released through the CR
>> repository (https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR)
>>
>> In the past, we built for all architectures through different build
>> systems, but for this new 7.5.1804 release (rebuilt from 7.5) we started
>> to use a new build process to build for all arches in parallel through
>> one single build system.
>>
>> We never really had any CR repository before for armhfp and aarch64, but
>> content is now signed and pushed :
>> - http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/cr/aarch64/
>> - http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/cr/armhfp/
>>
>> So that means that if people want to start getting up2date pkgs without
>> waiting for the official GA release (as we need to build the correct
>> install trees and isos images), a simple yum update would work, *but* ,
>> as said, we never had any proper CR repo defined through centos-release
>> (or centos-userland-release) for aarch64 and armhfp
>> That will be fixed in the next -release file (already ready for 7.5.1804
>> GA release)
>>
>> In the meantime, people willing to update can do the following (manual
>> steps, as root) :
>>
>> ###
>> echo "altarch" > /etc/yum/vars/contentdir
>> cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-CR.repo << EOF
>> [cr]
>> name=CentOS-$releasever - cr
>> baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/\$contentdir/\$releasever/cr/\$basearch/
>> gpgcheck=1
>> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-7
>> enabled=0
>> EOF
>>
>> yum update --enablerepo=cr
>>
>> ###
>>
>> Feedback welcome !
>

> Hello Fabian,
> thanks for this info, the update works as a charme. Nor kernel update?
> It doesn't matter, I'm on 4.14.28-201.el7.centos.armv7hl with my
> cubietrucks.
>
> Greetings
> Andreas

So, as announced, we'll rebase armhfp kernel to 4.14.x (LTS) for the
official 7.5.1804 release, and through the centos-kernel repository
(pointing to "generic" or rpi2, depending on hardware)

The version we'll have is the one that you already have, as despite some
updates (it's actually at 4.14.37) there were no critical CVE.  After
the 7.5.1804 official release, we'll bump the LTS version to newer
versions, and also for new images and kernel[s] , extlinux.conf will be
updated automagically.

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab