[Arm-dev] Machiatobin network interfaces

Marcin Wojtas mw at semihalf.com
Fri Aug 3 06:20:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

pt., 3 sie 2018 o 04:10 Skorpeo Skorpeo <skorpeo11 at gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Hi,
>
> I was able to install centos on the machiatobin using the iso via efi.  However no network interfaces show up, I also tried to plug in a usb wifi adapter, it is recognized in dmesg but still no network interface with command ip a (only shows loopback device) or cat /proc/net/dev.  Any pointers greatly appreciated.  I also tried going into bios and selecting ACPI  setting in the device manager menu but no change...

I guess, isn't the usb adapter simply lacking the driver? Anyway,
integrated network interfaces, although supported with ACPI in the
Linux mainline, are currently being upstreamed to the Centos tree and
hopefully should be there soon. Btw. can you share a link to the ISO
that you use?

> Also, as an aside, to be able to install using the iso I had to add kernel parameter console=ttyS0,115200n8 on boot as per this post: http://macchiatobin.net/forums/topic/feedback-on-uefi-boot-with-mini-iso/.  Wasn't sure if it would be helpful to document that.  Incidentally, that poster also saw no network interfaces.

What did you manage to install actually (second paragraph is missing
distro name:))? I will check if we can somehow pass the console
information in the ACPI table.

Best regards,
Marcin