[Arm-dev] fake-hwclock - Re: Security auditing service

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Aug 7 13:23:15 UTC 2018

On 08/07/2018 06:36 AM, Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:
> aproppos incorrect time, I wrote a fake-hwclock service for centos,
> available here:
> https://github.com/kristjanvalur/fake-hwclock

Works great!

A pain to install when first building a system.  I cheated and remounted
my drive on my notebook and copied that way.  I will do that in the
future builds before I install the drive in the arm system.

I had to set permissions on install:

chmod +x install

You should add that to your instructions.

It would be great if this were an rpm in epel for ease of installation.
Or at least an rpm that I could wget from someplace then do a localinstall.

Also, consider offering this to chrony.  Miroslav may be interested.