[Arm-dev] Updated Centos7-armv7 install howto

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 24 12:58:24 UTC 2018

> I have finally updated my howto at:
>
> http://www.htt-consult.com/Centos7-armv7.html
>
> Thanks to the excellent Centos armhfp site, I was able to pull out a
> lot of the basic setup instructions. Thanks for your work putting that
> site up.
>
> Please go over and take a look; all comments will be welcomed (but not
> necessarily acted on! :) ).
>
> Thank you for providing the code that makes running Centos7 on armv7
> boards possible.
>
> It would be nice if EPEL could move along.  Perhaps when I retire (in
> a year or 2), I will take on learning how to help there.
>
> I have one other project to tackle before I can restart my mailserver
> effort.

One of the challenges of building the general image is to get the proper
uboot file.  Since my server is a Cubieboard2 with Centos7-arm, I
realized I could simply create a symlink to /usr/share/uboot and make
them all available.  So I have updated the howto accordingly.

Of course these are the current uboots distributed with C7-arm.  For
example it does not contain the new Cubieboard5 uboot.  That you need
the Fedora29 uboot-images rpm...