[Arm-dev] CentOS 7.x images for ARM

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Fri Dec 7 09:02:57 UTC 2018

On 12/07/2018 10:46 AM, Stephan Guilloux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just saw CentOS 7.6 available for ARM. Cool.
>
> Now, I had a look to isos/armhfp and saw different images.
> Can anyone explain the differences between all images ?
> -KDE- and -GNOME- look obvious, but what about -generic- and
> -RaspberryPi- ?
> What about -RootFS- ?
> Could it be possible to have a README or something to explain all that ?

There already exista a short readme in the same folder where all ISOs
are. For your convenience, here is its current content:

These are the armhfp images for CentOS 7.6.1810 release. Consider
reading https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/armhfp to
understand how to use those images, as (except for RaspberryPi 2,3, 3B+
models) you'll need to correctly setup uboot (described in the wiki
page) or your board will *not* boot