[Arm-dev] centos 7 64 bit on raspberry Pi 3

Steven Ellis

sellis at redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 05:39:40 UTC 2018

Has anyone got this working on a Pi3+ and can provide guidance.

I've got UEFI working already but I haven't tried a generic aarch64 centos
ISO yet

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 at 12:48, R <riccardo.veraldi at presid.infn.it> wrote:

> so for example I could just dd this image after uncompressing it on the SD
> card and this would work I Suppose
>

> http://vault.centos.org/altarch/7.4.1708/isos/aarch64/CentOS-7-aarch64.img.xz
>
> On 11/27/18 7:09 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>
> AFAIK the official installer only boots on UEFI aarch64.
> Otherwise you'll have to get a working image from somewhere.
>

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 5:44 AM R <riccardo.veraldi at presid.infn.it> wrote:
>
>> ok thank you.
>> so does it mean that Pi 3 needs a UEFI firmware if I Want to run
>> CentOS/aarch64 while it does not need if running CentOS/armhfp  ?
>> thanks
>>

>> On 11/26/18 3:05 PM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>>
>> I haven't tried it yet, but you should be able to get UEFI firmware for
>> Pi 3 from here:
>> https://github.com/andreiw/RaspberryPiPkg
>>
>> If you can get that to boot off the ISO, you should be able to use the
>> installer.
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 11:01 PM R <riccardo.veraldi at presid.infn.it>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if there is a procedure for installing Centos 7 on the
>>> Raspberry Pi 3 B+
>>>
>>> while installing Centos 7.5 on armhfp is very clear and documented given
>>> that a raw root image is provided and you just "dd" it on the memory
>>> card,
>>>
>>> it is not clear to me how to do it with aarch64. A ISO image is provided
>>> but how to install it on the raspberry ?
>>>
>>> thank you
>>>
>>> Rick

Steven Ellis

APAC  PRINCIPAL PRODUCT  MANAGER - STORAGE

TECHNICAL PORTFOLIO EVANGELIST - APAC

Red Hat Asia Pacific - Auckland  NZ <https://www.redhat.com/>

sellis at redhat.com             M: +64 21 321 673
<https://www.redhat.com/en>    TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED.