[Arm-dev] Help compiling a kernel module

Chris Szilagyi

chris at apex-internet.com
Sat Feb 3 02:59:41 UTC 2018

Hello:

I am attempting to re-compile a broken kernel module for the
AltArch/Arm32 release.  Currently I'm trying it against the current
kernel,  4.9.75-204.  In using
"kernel-devel-4.9.75-204.el7.centos.armv7hl", and following the
instructions for CentOS at :
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BuildingKernelModules,  when I do a "make
prepare", I am getting the error:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `arch/arm/tools/gen-mach-types',
needed by `include/generated/mach-types.h'.  Stop.
make: *** [archprepare] Error 2

I've been searching for a fix for this but not sure what is missing
here.  If you have a solution please let me know.  Thanks for your help
on this.

Chris