[Arm-dev] kernel 4.14.17 testing for armhfp boards (not for rpi2/rpi3)

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Mon Feb 19 17:08:00 UTC 2018

On 16/02/18 16:24, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 02/16/2018 12:46 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
<snip>

> I just tried the cubietruck plus with our u-boot and the custom
> 'u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin' for Cubietruck_plus from our build .. and
> also with the Fedora 28 Rawhide custom 'u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin' I get
> no video out OR DHCP ip4 or ipv6 address.
>
> I think this board is still not really supported .. as the current page
> for the 'A83T' (the SOC for the cubietruck plus) here is very much not
> yet in mainline:
>
> http://linux-sunxi.org/Linux_mainlining_effort
>
> I also tried booting Fedora 27 and it did not work for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Hughes

So, with this in mind, we discussed on irc (#centos-arm) with Pablo and
it seems that the better way would be to backport patches from 4.15.x
into that 4.14.x (LTS branch)

Pablo is busy testing that, but we also created a git repository where
we have all the specific changes for AltArch (including mods that are
needed to build for armhfp as an example) :
https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-AltArch

kernel-4.14 is also there, so Pull Requests are welcome and discussion
can then happen there too :-)

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab