[Arm-dev] Docker support

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue Feb 20 21:51:54 UTC 2018

On 20/02/18 21:58, Trunet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I successfully built docker from SRPM, and it's working.

> # rpm -qa docker
> docker-1.12.6-71.git3e8e77d.el7.centos.1.armv7hl
> # docker run armhf/hello-world
>
> Hello from Docker on armhf!
> This message shows that your installation appears to be working correctly.
>
> To generate this message, Docker took the following steps:
>  1. The Docker client contacted the Docker daemon.
>  2. The Docker daemon pulled the "hello-world" image from the Docker Hub.
>  3. The Docker daemon created a new container from that image which runs the
>     executable that produces the output you are currently reading.
>  4. The Docker daemon streamed that output to the Docker client, which
> sent it
>     to your terminal.
>
> To try something more ambitious, you can run an Ubuntu container with:
>  $ docker run -it ubuntu bash
>
> Share images, automate workflows, and more with a free Docker Hub account:
>  https://hub.docker.com
>
> For more examples and ideas, visit:
>  https://docs.docker.com/engine/userguide/
>
> Fabian is pushing some patches needed to built all the dependencies.

Yes, and almost all those packages were already built,  but docker
itself had an issue for a golang macro missing (now fixed, thanks to you !)
So that unblocked the build and it's all built now.

I have myself done the  "docker run armhfp/hello-world" test and it
worked with the pkgs built on the CentOS builders. I'll so push those
pkgs in the signing queue and they'll be processed tomorrow (and so
pushed to mirror.centos.org )

Thanks a lot for the help in #centos-arm on freenode :)

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab