[Arm-dev] CentOS 7 with Linux 4.14

Uli Middelberg uli at middelberg.de
Sun Jan 14 08:39:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am 14.01.2018 um 00:42 schrieb Thomas Burdick:
> It's armhfp, and from what I understood from the hardkernel site, they got support into the mainline 4.14 kernel. So I
> could either use a custom 4.9 kernel, or the mainstream 4.14, which is what I'd prefer.
IHMO HK is about to finish XU4 support in 4.14. Both kernel versions (4.9 & 4.14) require some some patches against
mainline in order to run properly (e.g. USB3 support).

>> In the past, odroid/hardkernel never worked with stock/vanilla kernels,
>> and same for uboot.
>> If you confirm that it now does, chances are that we can have something
>> available soon :-)

I've written some scripts [1] for an automated setup on various ARM boards.
You may try the setup procedure for the XU4 [2]. It composes the HK u-boot, the CentOS 7 armhfp userland which I've
ripped from the BananaPi install Image and a 4.9 HK kernel with a custom kernel configuration [3] (mainly for Docker
support). The 4.14 kernel doesn't compile cleanly with gcc-5.4 (getting lots of errors/warnings when compiling the mali
related stuff).

Cheers
Uli

[1] https://github.com/umiddelb/z2d