[Arm-dev] mvpp2 ACPI support in Centos altarch7-aarch64

Marcin Wojtas

mw at semihalf.com
Wed Jan 24 14:04:23 UTC 2018

Hi Jim,

ACPI support for the Marvell Armada 7k/8k NIC finally landed in the
mainline kernel. I backported all required stuff from the upstream to
v4.11 and I'm about to create patch that adds a support in the kernel.

Please check if my understanding of adding the patch is sufficient:
1. Place squashed patch in SOURCES/
2. Update SPECS/kernel-alt.spec with the added patch ("5a27f64 - adds
thunderx support patch per cavium list request" is a good reference
for that)
3. Update:
SOURCES/kernel-alt-4.11.0-aarch64-debug.config
SOURCES/kernel-alt-4.11.0-aarch64.config
And here's where I have problems. I took
kernel-alt-4.11.0-aarch64.config to my v4.11 branch and tried to first
build kernel directly from that point - it cannot be done flawlessly,
as one have to manually choose multiple kernel CONFIGs resolution.

Further I wanted to use  make menuconfig enabled CONFIG_ARCH_MVEBU=y
and CONFIG_MVPP2=m.

It would be great, if you were able to let know, what's the easiest
and quickest way to apply and test new patches on top of
sig-altarch7-aarch64 branch.

Thanks,
Marcin