[Arm-dev] mvpp2 ACPI support in Centos altarch7-aarch64

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Mon Jan 29 10:23:46 UTC 2018

Thanks for the email on this, sorry for the delay in responding. I've
been traveling for internal meetings for the last week, and won't be
back until Feb 8th.

Yes, your understanding is correct, but there's no way to use make
menuconfig within the rpm build structure in order to update the
configs. You would need to do something on the order of a 'make
oldconfig' to use the existing config from the package, then make your
changes, save the config, and see what differences are there between the
old kernel-alt-4.11.0-aarch64.config and yours, and append the changes
to kernel-alt-4.11-0.aarch64.config.

The easiest way to apply and build test kernels is via the mock build
utility to build rpms.

--
Jim Perrin