[Arm-dev] Add Marvell Armada7k8k NIC (mvpp2) support patches

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Tue Jul 31 16:09:24 UTC 2018

On 07/30/2018 07:00 AM, Marcin Wojtas wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> It's been a while, since I sent the patch. Any objections about merging?
>
> Is v4.11 kernel still a valid baseline or for the next releases or we
> should use v4.14? When is that transition and next release supposed to
> happen?

The current version of the supported kernel is 4.14, so this would need
to be updated to support the 4.14 tree.

> Best regards,
> Marcinsob., 23 cze 2018 o 08:18 Marcin Wojtas <mw at semihalf.com> napisał(a):
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm sending a patch that is applicable on top of the kernel
>> sig-altarch7-aarch64 branch. It enables ACPI support for the Marvell
>> Armada7k8k NIC - this required backporting very big amount of patches
>> (all merged upstream), hence I decided to attach the single commit,
>> instead of issueing 'git send-email' of it.

Once we got to 4.14, there didn't seem to be a demand for the
sig-altarch kernel to continue so I left it at the previous version.
>From the sounds of things, you still need it for this to work?

>> Despite many attempts I wasn't able to build entire rpm package with
>> the mock build utility, however I managed to test the clean kernel
>> v4.11 with applied all patches and built with updated .config. Please
>> let know if this patch is sufficient and can be merged.

I'm guessing no unless it patches/builds against 4.14 as well. I'll see
about updating the sig-altarch tree so that we can test there.

--
Jim Perrin