[Arm-dev] SD backup and restore

Pablo Sebastián Greco pablo at fliagreco.com.ar
Sat Jun 23 16:26:46 UTC 2018

Chris,

El 21/6/18 a las 10:44, Chris Szilagyi escribió:
> Hello:
> Just curious if anybody has a known working solution (for Linux, not
> Windows) to backup and restore the SD card.  In particular one that
> will shrink the image and only use the space utilized on the card
> itself, and allow restoring to a different size SD card.
There are several ways to do this, but the easiest one for me would be
to create a new SD card with a regular image, and then rsync from the
current "bigger" one. It is not a working solution, but it could become
one if you write the script ;)
> I figure there might be a process to create the images that are
> provided for this distro, but I'm unable to figure out how they are
> created.

Than information you can find here
https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-AltArch/tree/master/image_build .
There is a shell script and a few ks files that Fabian uses to create
the images that are released to the public.

HTH.
Pablo.