[Arm-dev] That was exciting! :-/

Pablo Sebastián Greco pablo at fliagreco.com.ar
Tue May 15 21:20:32 UTC 2018

El 15/5/18 a las 17:24, Ian Pilcher escribió:
> On 05/15/2018 10:17 AM, Pablo Sebastián Greco wrote:
>> Ian, that is definitely one of the things that changed, and executing
>> extlinux should fix your issue.
>> Maybe there is a timing problem between the installation of
>> extlinux-bootloader and the new kernel, but it should only affect
>> those who didn't have exlinux-bootloader installed.
>
> Looks like it wasn't previously installed:
>
> May 14 10:39:27 Installed: extlinux-bootloader-1.2-3.el7.armv7hl
Ok, I'll try to document this so it doesn't happen again

>> Please add fdtdir /dtb-4.14.28-201.el7.centos.armv7hl and fdtdir
>> /dtb-4.9.75-204.el7.centos.armv7hl to both kernels respectively.
>> If that works, I'll try to add a note to with some recommendations.
>
> I would need to re-image the SD card to test that, which would mean
> taking the house completely offline (Internet & phones) for however
> long it takes to test and/or recover.  Needless to say, I'm not eager to
> do that.

I understand, I wouldn't want to take everything offline just to test
either.
> Is it possible to test this with QEMU somehow?

Not really, the boot sequence is completely different.

If you manage to test using other device, please let us know. I'm pretty
confident on what the problem was, and I'll see how to add that to the
release notes.

Thanks.
Pablo.