[Arm-dev] Odroid-HC1 came, but

Uli Middelberg uli at middelberg.de
Wed Nov 28 20:24:30 UTC 2018

Bob,

Am 28.11.18 um 11:51 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
> Uli,
>
> Your statement is a little unclear to me.  Are you saying that I CAN
> use a regular 3.3v adapter, as it detects it and works properly.  Or
> are you saying, it detects the 3.3v and just does not work; that you
> have to use a 1.7v adapter?
>
> thanks

I wanted to say that Samsung SoCs (as in the HC1) use a 1.7 ttl voltage
level in contrast to the very common 3.3v. You will damage the HC1 when
you connect a 3.3v adapter to the UART connector. The Odroid UART-USB
adapter is able to switch between both voltage levels automatically, so
you can use it with any Odroid board.

The Odroid C1 and C2 (and the N1) are using 3.3v levels. For these
devices you can use a regular 3.3v adapter and connect it with
breadboard cables with the UART pins on the board.