[Arm-dev] Using zram-swap

Pablo Sebastián Greco pablo at fliagreco.com.ar
Sun Oct 7 15:57:57 UTC 2018

Too many questions together... ;-)

El 7/10/18 a las 08:58, Robert Moskowitz escribió:
> I have very recently learned about zram-swap.  Fedora-29-arm is using
> it.  It supposedly makes a considerable difference even over HD swap.
Do you have a link for me to read about that? I'd like to see some
numbers on performance, specially on the CPU, because small ARM devices
are not exactly fast to compress.

> Since many (potential) users of Centos-arm do not have a ready HD,
> perhaps we can switch the image from a physical partition to zram? Or
> at least instructions to change to this on the wiki.
Switch might be difficult, but maybe generate a "tech preview"
alternative build.
This is the link to how we create the images, maybe  you could send me
some changes to test
https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-AltArch/tree/master/image_build

> Perhaps target the 7.6 image?   (is there any information as to when
> 7.6 may be available?)
The usual response we get is, you'll know when it is there...

> thanks
Pablo.