[Arm-dev] Using zram-swap

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Fri Oct 12 16:16:26 UTC 2018

On Oct 7, 2018, at 07:58, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> I have very recently learned about zram-swap.  Fedora-29-arm is using it.  It supposedly makes a considerable difference even over HD swap.
>
> Since many (potential) users of Centos-arm do not have a ready HD, perhaps we can switch the image from a physical partition to zram? Or at least instructions to change to this on the wiki.

Not to be utterly naive, but why is swap required on such systems at all? To take core RAM and repurpose it as swap would seem to vitiate the entire point of having a virtual memory subsystem in the first place.

Cheers!

| Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add,  |
| but when there is no longer anything to take away.                   |
|                                    -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery       |