[Arm-dev] Attempt to install Xfce by hand

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Thu Oct 18 20:07:21 UTC 2018

On Oct 18, 2018, at 15:55, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> 1) a gnome desktop install .. but afterwards only use xfce

FWIW, XFCE does work from a Minimal install without needing a prior installation of GNOME on xf86_64. I know this because XFCE is my standard desktop (GNOME 3 being the Resource Hog of the Century that it is). My steps to get there are:

	yum install epel-release
	yum groupinstall “X window system”
	yum groupinstall “XFCE”
	systemctl set-target graphical.target