[Arm-dev] Using zram-swap

Fri Oct 12 16:46:21 UTC 2018

It is now built into Fedora29-arm.  That is where Mark got the source
and the systemd support.  Yes, earlier many just used it. Now Fedora-arm
is based on it.

On the Fedora-arm list, Peter Robinson has said he is seeing 4-5 fold
compression.  That means that if you use a factor of 2 and have a 1GB
memory SOC, that is effectively 2.5GB ram.  Or use a factor of 4 for
effectively 1.75GB and less 'swapping'.  So you can use your 1GB duo
core system more effectively, even if you currently have swap on a HD or
SSD sata or USB attached.