[Arm-dev] CentOS - AltArch ; ARM

Douglas E. Hopley Jr. hopley at f6systems.com
Sat Aug 31 20:16:19 UTC 2019

Hi,

   Running CentOS on ARM is  the largest part of my interest that is to
this forum.

 I have armv7l and (1) aarch64 at this point.  I have (below) CentOS
running on a couple of devices.

NAME="CentOS Linux"
VERSION="7 (AltArch)"
ID="centos"
ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
VERSION_ID="7"
PRETTY_NAME="CentOS Linux 7 (AltArch)"

 I will put this on the IRC as well -- responding here to close this loop.

 Near term I would like to get the aarch64 running and just pulled down
RHEL 8.1 for aarch64 (x86_64 too) and
am turning to that next.  Then I would like to know what I can do to
contribute and I can add more details.

 Other interests beyond CentOS on ARM include IPv6, more Golang
programming, containers (nspawn, podman)
and as a bit of a reach wayland.

Does that help?

Thanks,
Doug