[Arm-dev] Chrooting/Docker to armv7hl and armv5tel on aarch64

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Sat Jan 26 17:44:52 UTC 2019

Yes, they are "wrong", but not "WRONG!".

As I (possibly poorly) explained, I'm running on an aarch64 machine, but am
trying to run armv5tel and armv7hl chroots.
I just dug out an old kernel I was using (4.4.72) and I can now chroot just
fine.

So it's something that changed in the kernel, but I'm not sure what else it
could be other than the page size (which I already checked).

I'm going to build the latest 4.4.172 with my 4.4.72 config and see if that
works. If it does, I'll try to make oldconfig that on 4.9.153 and try
again, see if that breaks things again. I was just hoping there might be an
option I missed in 4.9 that enables/disables downward compatibility.

Gordan