[Arm-dev] Chrooting/Docker to armv7hl and armv5tel on aarch64

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Sun Jan 27 12:18:41 UTC 2019

Figured it out. Two kernel configuration options were in play:

CONFIG_COMPAT=y
CONFIG_LSM_MMAP_MIN_ADDR=32768

Above is what is required to run armv5tel and armv7hl chroots on aarch64.
Default for the latter option is 65535, which prevents 32-bit binaries from
running. Up and running with 4.9.153 now.

I hope this is useful to someone else.