[Arm-dev] Chrooting/Docker to armv7hl and armv5tel on aarch64

Sat Jan 26 16:49:53 UTC 2019
Gordan Bobic <gordan at redsleeve.org>

It's been so long since I last had to do this, that it looks like a kernel
update somewhere along the way broke this for me. :-(

What happens now:

# chroot rs7
chroot: failed to run command ‘/bin/bash’: Exec format error

I could have sworn that this was all I needed to make this work last time:
# grep 4K_PAGES config-4.9.153-1.el7.centos.aarch64
CONFIG_ARM64_4K_PAGES=y
# CONFIG_ARM64_64K_PAGES is not set

Unfortunately, now trying to chroot into either hard-float or soft-float
chroot results in the exec format error.

Looking at time stamps of various things, I had this working with 4.4.70,
but have since switched to 4.9.x kernels. Any thoughts on what changed
between 4.4 and 4.9 would be most appreciated.

What am I missing?