[Arm-dev] Xorg Segfault, Firefox Illegal Instruction

Gordan Bobic

gordan at redsleeve.org
Fri Jun 28 13:38:42 UTC 2019

I took the CentOS 7 arm32 image for a spin today and ran into some issues.
Is there a bug tracker that anyone pays attention to for semi-supported
altarch like armv7?

I'm using a Tegra 2 based system

Issues:
1) Xorg segfaults while probing platform, according to the logs.
Only solution I have found is to create a new .repo file for CentOS 7.5 and
downgrade xorg-x11-server-Xorg to 1.19.x from CentOS 7.5.

2) Firefox 60.x dies on startup with an Illegal Instruction error.
FF 52.7 from CentOS 7.5 works.

Is anyone working on either of these? I think the former affects more than
just ARM.

Gordan