[Arm-dev] Xorg Segfault, Firefox Illegal Instruction

Pablo Sebastián Greco pablo at fliagreco.com.ar
Fri Jun 28 15:42:22 UTC 2019

El 28/6/19 a las 10:38, Gordan Bobic escribió:
> I took the CentOS 7 arm32 image for a spin today and ran into some
> issues. Is there a bug tracker that anyone pays attention to for
> semi-supported altarch like armv7?
>
> I'm using a Tegra 2 based system
>
> Issues:
> 1) Xorg segfaults while probing platform, according to the logs.
> Only solution I have found is to create a new .repo file for CentOS
> 7.5 and downgrade xorg-x11-server-Xorg to 1.19.x from CentOS 7.5.
I thought I had pushed the fix to the fasttrack repo, but I didn't.
Here's a fixed version from my tests
https://people.centos.org/pgreco/xorg-x11-server/20190507012356/
Anyway, it is already reported in RH, and it seems to be fixed in 7.7
beta and 8.0

> 2) Firefox 60.x dies on startup with an Illegal Instruction error.
> FF 52.7 from CentOS 7.5 works.
That one I haven't seen, I'll try to replicate it in one of my devices
and get back to you

> Is anyone working on either of these? I think the former affects more
> than just ARM.
>
> Gordan

Pablo.