[Arm-dev] ARM aarch64 rootfs questions

Mon Jun 3 13:12:59 UTC 2019
Christophe Polyte <drpixel at laposte.net>

Hello,

I've some small arm (rock64) boards for which I want to deploy CentOS.

They are based on uboot.

I've a custom kernel, then I deploy the (old) provided rootfs
(CentOS-7-aarch64-rootfs-7.4.1708.tar.xz).

Everything is working properly, but now I want to have an up to date image
(ideally with less components to remove after deployment) to flash my other
devices.

                I've two questions:

*	Why an up to date image 1810 is not provided ?
*	What would be the proper and cleaner way to do it myself (for
example with deploying a clean true minimal system on a qemu aarc64 VM),
maybe a simple tar, but what arguments should I care to be as clean a
possible regarding permissions and SELinux context ?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Christophe