[Arm-dev] raspi kernel upgrade activates not the latest kernel version

Jacco Ligthart jacco at redsleeve.org
Sat Mar 9 17:52:00 UTC 2019

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for the report. I'm the guy that originally wrote these lines ...
I always knew that this issue was present, but was not aware of the '-V'
option to sort. Therefore I never had a quick fix.
I hoped that somebody would extend the "installkernel" script from
grubby, so that it also works for raspberries. I don't think that will
happen any more. Maybe we should have a look at how this works on raspbian.

@Pablo, I successfully tested building 4.19.27 from upstream. There are
some minor changes:
- github now gives error 500 on the files we normally use
- the COPYING.linux file changed, so it needed a new location
- the patch for selinux needed to be remade.

If interested, my patches and spec can be found here:
https://github.com/redsleeve-linux/raspberrypi/tree/master/raspberrypi2

Jacco