[Arm-dev] make aarch64 EFI bootable iso problem

Wed Mar 6 02:27:26 UTC 2019
曹瑀宏 <tobedn at 163.com>

Hello:

I'm trying to make a  EFI bootable arm iso based on CentOS-7-aarch64-Minimal-1810.iso. I extracted Iso and get the flie tree like this:

.
├── boot.catalog
├── CentOS_BuildTag
├── EFI
├── EULA
├── GPL
├── images
├── LiveOS
├── Packages
├── repodata
├── RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-7
├── RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-7-aarch64
└── TRANS.TBL

Then I add my own rpms into Packages and repack the iso with shell command:
mkisofs -o /root/myiso.iso -eltorito-alt-boot -e images/efiboot.img -c boot.catalog -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -V 'CUSTOM CENTOS' -R -J -T .
After that I burned the myiso.iso to disc, but I couldn't get the "EFI device 0" choice option on Arm Server's BootManager while the CentOS-7-aarch64-Minimal-1810.iso was OK, I don't know what's the problem and how to make a cutomized iso which can be recognized as a EFI device on ARM Server?

Thanks!