[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Michael Howard

mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Tue Nov 12 08:29:46 UTC 2019

On 05/03/2016 03:26, Phong Vo wrote:
> There should be no issue of replacing U-boot in SPI nor with the mp30ar0
> Tianocore version.
> But you need to use the mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img I provide, not the one
> supplied
> with the Mustang board. It was likely the person burn the wrong BIOS on
> the board!
>
> You can burn the Tianocore image from U-boot using TFTP. Please check and
> setup your U-boot
> variables:
>
> media_addr_r=0x4001000000
> media_img=mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img
> spi_load=tftp ${media_addr_r} ${user_dir}/${media_img}
> spi_update=sf probe 0; sf erase 0x0 ${filesize}; sf write ${media_addr_r}
> 0x0 ${filesize}
>
> # run spi_load   <== Make sure it is successful
> # run spi_update
> # reset
>
> If there is any issue, it's still recoverable using SD card.
>
> -Phong

Hi,

I know this is a very old thread but is there any source available for
the image above or for
mp30ar0_tianocore_sec_ubt.fd/mp30ar0_tianocore_ubt.fd?

The reason I ask is that I'm attempting to get the SDCARD slot working
with recent kernels and the only way I can get it to work is booting
directly from the original u-boot environment using the original
devicetree blob. However, booting that way I end up with only one core.

Booting as above with 'num_cores' set to 8 causes a hang late on.

Cheers,
Mike.