[Arm-dev] CentOS - Support for 7.6

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Fri Sep 20 06:34:56 UTC 2019

On 18/09/2019 17:35, Stephan Guilloux wrote:
> I guessed it was "only the latest version is supported".
> Was just wondering, if there is something more "established", than "at
> one point".
>
> Anyway, I got another answer: No update for 7.6 packages will come, in a
> near futur.
>
> And yes, we'll work on this update ;-)
>
> Thx.

Hi Stephan,

Something to really understand is that there is always only one CentOS 7
.. point :)
the major.minor version just reflects a kind of "snapshot in time" of
when the installer was ran against new set of pkgs, (including rebased
ones) landing in upstream RHEL 7.
So any centos 7 installs is just automatically using $latest (which is
the only one that really exists), as yum update is pointed to those
repositories, while older ones (unmaintained, frozen) are archived to
vault.centos.org, (but just there as reference, as there is a clear
disclaimer that "there will be dragons" for people just pointing to
insecure/unmaintained pkgs sets :)

gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab