[Arm-dev] Arm-dev Digest, Vol 68, Issue 1

Fri Jan 17 06:10:51 UTC 2020
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 16/01/2020 21:08, marcin via Arm-dev wrote:
> All,
>

> I have tested the Centos 8 build it on 3 different RPi 3, two different
> SD cards, always ends up with kernel panic. I tested both cards and
> freshly installed Centos 7 and it works like a charm on any combination
> of my RPi3 and both sd cards. Is there alternative download other than
> http://mirror.freethought-internet.co.uk/centos-altarch/8.1.1911/isos/armhfp/
> ?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Marcin

Nope, those are the ones ...
I tested it on a rpi3b+, but I'll try to test it on a rpi3 and rpi2 too
Can you share the kernel panic message you have ? and so that means that
it boots and find correctly the kernel/initrd, so would be good to see
what would be the reason why it panics on yours.

PS : the only issue I had on my rpi3b+ was some kernel messages about
"undervolted", so also ensure that you use (as it's supposed to be the
case for rpi3) a correct power plug with enough power over usb

gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab