[Arm-dev] Arm-dev Digest, Vol 68, Issue 1

Fri Jan 17 20:35:41 UTC 2020
marcin <marcin_e at yahoo.co.uk>

I must correct what I said earlier about the versions of RPis I have.
Should have waited until get back home instead of I depending on the
picture from the screen with the errors.

It took a bit of effort to check the version on actual hardware as all
my 4 RPis are in Pi rack, so it's bit cramped and dusty now. So, checked
it and my main testing device is RPi 3 model B v1.2, then tested booting
Centos 8 twice really on RPIs 3 Model B+. Also have RPi 4 but for
obvious reasons not even tried to boot Centos 8 on it.

Now, earlier I got the BCM number from the logs that were displayed when
booting Cenots 8, which do seem to be correct? As I just checked both
test devices that are running Centos 7: RPi3B and RPi3B+, and they
report in /proc/cpuinfo:

3B+: Hardware: BCM2835 Revision: a020d3 Model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
Plus Rev 1.3

3B: Hardware: BCM2835 Revision: a02082  Model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
Rev 1.2

Thanks,

Marcin